Wednesday, September 30, 2009

God Protect President Obama

Hi I'm Jeff Grissom. By way of introduction, here is a brief bio. I live in Montana with my beautiful wife and amazing baby girl. As with most Montanans, I think the the roll of government is solely to provide an environment in which I can provide for myself. I believe I have a right to keep what I earn and I know I have a duty to help those that need help, but I don't believe that the government has any right to do that for me. I own 13 guns and not only is that my right, I could argue that it's also my duty. I believe that we have a duty to protect our planet and it's resources (bet you didn't see that coming). Liberals would probably call me a right wing gun toting Bible thumping fanatic. My friends would probably label me a conservative. I don't care what you label me, what I really care about is what kind of country my baby girl inherits. That's why praying for our country is so important.

This morning as I read this article, I was again convicted of how easy it is for me to focus only on what I perceive to be the President's faults and flawed policies. What we as followers of Christ need to be focused on is praying for our president. Yes, it's easy and perhaps appropriate to be filled with righteous anger over the constant stream of anti-God, anti-freedom, anti-family and utterly Un-American policies flowing out of the White House, but we need to use that anger not only as a call to action, but first and foremost as a call to prayer. We can hold Tea parties, protests and attend town hall meetings until pigs fly and nothing will change unless we pray. Let me get personal, when was the last time you prayed for President Obama? I think the last time I prayed for him was the day after election day when the Lord convicted that I needed to do so. Since then I've been too busy finding fault with Mr. Obama to pray for him. So please join me in praying not only for our president, but for all of our leaders. God willing this will be the first step in turning our country back toward God and the things He cares about. I guarantee that a country seeking God and His desires will be a great place for my baby girl to grow up and a great place for us to grow old.

2 comments:

Tyne said...

Awesome post Jeff! Thanks so much for contributing and please continue to b/c I am in a blogging blah. Even if you can just add an interesting link....

You are right, the last time I prayed for Obama was the day after he was elected!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff, that was a great post. I really gets me thinking about the spiritual and not just the temporal. We all do need to pray Barak, and hopefully he will have an Ah-ha and fire some of those creepy czars. Thanks for your great work, and say hi to Lelo from Beth and I, oh and kiss the baby as well.
RyAN