Monday, September 7, 2009

Mom and Dad Taught Me to be an Entrepreneur

It is true my mother and father always owned businesses, some successful some not so, but they kept the drive alive because they knew that the secret to a great America was in the ownership of small businesses. I just wish Barak Obama and his pal Van Jones ( I mean ex-pal) would have been in my 7th grade class when career day rolled around. You see, my mom taught that class because she was a successful clothing store owner and she instilled the deep seated know how to live out a dream of running something worth running. Now a days business owners are afraid to do anything expansive. They are shriveling up and hiding and dropping their workers left and right. Even though I work for someone else I see lay offs all the time, and my own job feels at jeopardy everyday.
I have a link that you need to read. Although this article has a lot of data and graphs, it explains much of what you all may be seeing day to day in the workforce. Please read this and check the Heritage Foundation periodically for other informative discussions of the happenings in the world around you. These folks at Heritage are very bright and they always do their homework.
Hopefully America can get back to the protection and promotion of small businesses.

No comments: